Engineering Corporation of Oromia (ECO) was re-established in 2020 with Regulation No.214/2020 of the Oromia National, Regional State by changing from former name OWWDSE to ECO which was founded in Finfinnee (Addis Ababa) in May 2006 with Regulation No. 66/2006 with the objective to deliver high quality services to its customer.
The former Oromia Water Works Design and Supervision Enterprise (OWWDSE) was established with authorized capital of 100 million ET birr where the paid-up Capital in cash and in kind was 15 million ET birr, with 3 vehicles and 32 employees. Currently ECO has 1222 Employees, 192 Vehicles, and current Capital is 802.33 million ETB where as the authorized capital is 1Bln ET birr
The Engineering Corporation of Oromia (ECO) – the former Oromia Water Works Design and Supervision Enterprises (OWWDSE) – is a professional organization that is engaged in consultancy services and specialized in undertaking the study and design of medium-to-mega-scale projects in the fields of:-
- Water resource and Supply
- Irrigation and Energy
- Integrated land use and urban planning
- Road, transport and building
- Mining and geo-technical investigation
- Surveying and Mapping Services
- Hydrology and Hydrogeological Services
- Laboratory Services
- Research and Training Services
In addition to this ECO gives consultancy services on Construction Contract administration and construction supervision of projects on the mentioned fields/works.
ECO owns a well-equipped laboratory center that provides mainly water quality testing, soil fertility analysis and construction material testing and verifying services. Furthermore, ECO renders a quality assurance service in the aforementioned fields of activities.
ECO operates in Ethiopia and neighboring countries.
ECO has been registered and certified for eligibility in public engagement and obligations as well as compliances, among such are:
- Certified Water Resource Consultant, Category-1, from the Ministry of Construction
- Certified Office of Consulting Engineers, General, and Category I (ONE), from City Government of Addis Ababa, Construction and Housing Development Bureau, Construction Industry Development Regulatory Authority
- Certificate of Competence as Architectural and Engineering Consultants – GRADE ONE, from City Government of Addis Ababa, Construction Permit and Control Authority
- Certified as Urban Planning Consultant Category 01/One, from the Ministry of Construction
- Highway and Bridge Consultant, Category-I, by Oromia Construction Authority
- Certified as Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Consulting Firm LEVEL ONE- from Environmental, Forest and Climate Change Commission.
- To augment the economic development of the Oromia region by filling market gaps
- Stabilizing engineering service market prices; promoting excellence in engineering and construction management consultancy services
- To deliver least-cost and high-quality engineering study
- Designs and construction management services to its clients.
One of the most innovative and reliable engineering services providers in East
Africa by 2030
- ECO adheres to such operating principles or values as: dedication to the welfare of the people Devotion to professional integrity and principles of ethics; committed to clients’ satisfaction
- Works in partnership with similar service providers and others with authenticity
- Works in transparency, accountability, fairness and equal opportunity
- Cost consciousness
- Teamwork spirit and innovation.
ENGINEERING CORPORATION OF OROMIA (ECO)
Engineering Corporation of Oromia (ECO) formerly known as Oromia Water Works Design and Supervision Enterprise (OWWDSE) was established in May 2006 with Regulation No. 66/2006 and 214/2012 of Oromia Regional State to work as a public Enterprise and Corporation respectively, which is entrusted with the responsibility to contribute to the effort being made by the public sector.
- ECO aspires to be among the preferred consulting firms in East Africa in provid- ing technical consulting services as stat- ed in its vision statement.
- ECO works to achieve holistic purposes pertinent to its mission and is striving toward meeting major objectives like bringing about changes in its endeavors; working with possible minimum costs in competitive and rapidly changing cir- cumstances to the highest level of quali- ty and clients’ needs.
- It is committed to providing profession- al service in the study, design, contract administration, and construction su- pervision of Projects to the highest stan- dards of quality, within the agreed time frame and at reasonable costs through long-term partnership to the satisfaction of its clients and its employees as well as to the benefit of the public and the envi- ronment at large.
- ECO adheres to such operating principles or values as a dedication to the welfare of the people, devotion to professional integrity and principles of ethics, clients’ satisfaction, and working in partnership with similar service providers and others.