Integrated Land Use and Urban Planning Directorate is therefore one of the two Operational Directorates of ECO. Our directorate has so far conducted an Integrated Land Use Plan (ILUP) project in Oromia, Somali, Gambella, and Afar Regional States. Moreover, Urban Planning, ESIA Study of any project, and Feasibility Study of any project are among the ongoing projects of this Directorate. Currently, we can assertively say that ECO is the only ongoing governmental organization undertaking an Integrated Land Use Planning project and having qualified professionals and equipment in the Country for the past 15 years.
The major activities of this Directorate are;
- Conduct Integrated Land Use Planning in the Oromia Region and other regions of the country.
- Conduct Urban Planning Works
- Conduct Socio-economic study of various project
- Conduct Social & Environmental Impact Assessments (SEIA) of different undergoing projects comprise
- Conduct a Feasibility Study of Any Projects